TestFlix 2020- Call for Atomic Talks
Thank you for your interest in submitting the Atomic Talk to TestFlix 2020.
Through TestFlix, we are planning a truly global Software Testing Binge wherein Software Testers from across the globe can enjoy 100 Quality Atomic Talks weaved together. Our attempt is to have Testers from as many countries on earth as possible to deliver these Atomic Talks.
Thank you for being interested in being one of these hundred Speakers. Please read the instructions and submit your Atomic Talk, while we gather thousands of Testers in the Audience.
- You can choose any topic around Software Testing as long as that can be conveyed meaningfully in 8 minutes max. List of selected topics will be made available here to avoid duplicate submissions on a topic.
- We politely request not to submit promotional talks as those are strictly not allowed.
- Few ideas about what your talk can be based on:
- An Idea
- A concept
- A problem and a solution
- Thought provoking question to the testing community
- A lesson learnt
- Time-saving hacks
- Different take on a common Problem/Approach
- A Trend
- The submitted talk should be original and not presented/submitted anywhere before in similar format.
- If you are a new speaker and need assistance, feel free to contact us at contact[at]thetesttribe.com
Atomic Talk Creation Instructions:
- Content Format: Your submission can include a presentation or could just be your video. We recommend recording your talk along with the presentation that could convey the highlights while you speak.
- It is mandatory to turn on Speaker video while recording.
- Video Specifications: Duration of the video should be 8 Minutes preferably. However, if you are confident about conveying meaningful information in lesser time, then a Atomic Talk can be anywhere between 3 Minutes to 8 Minutes.
- Record your video in high-definition video (1920 x 1080); 16:9 Aspect ratio in landscape mode.
- Accepted Video formats – MP4, MOV, MPEG
- Recording: You can use Zoom if you are recording the talk along with a presentation.
- If you do not want to use the presentation along, You can record through a good camera, cell phone, or through a Zoom (make sure to set Recording settings properly).
- If you are recording with a camera/ cell phone, keep it still using a stand preferably, or with some support. Set your camera/cell phone to record the video approximately until chest level.
- We strongly recommend using Zoom to have uniformity of videos across the speakers.
- Speak with adequate volume and speak clearly. Maintain eye contact with the camera.
- Overhead lighting may be a good option if available, do not sit with your back to a light source. Record a few test videos if needed to ensure adequate lighting.
- If you are going to share your screen, check to see what tabs you have open and close your email and other tools that may send ‘notifications’ as you record.
- White/Single color background recommended. Avoid recording in public.
- Pick the right time window which will give you no or minimum disturbance/noise.
- Do not add any background music
Few Tips to Structure your talk well:
- Select a topic for the video presentation
- List down three key points you want to convey the audience
- Creating talking points, a script, and/or slides
- During the opening you want to clearly present your topic and the purpose of your presentation. Clearly articulating the topic and purpose will help the listeners focus on and easily follow your main ideas.
- During the conclusion of your presentation, reinforce the main ideas you communicated.
Deadline to submit Videos:
Based on multiple requests, we have extended the deadline for video submission until 18th October, 2020 11:59 PM IST.
Jury will evaluate the submission and selected speakers will be notified by 25th October, 2020.
A revision to the submission may be requested as needed.
Hope you are all set now! Fill out the below form to Submit your Atomic Talk.
We are excited to have a look at it.
For any additional questions, please contact contact[at]thetesttribe.com