Last updated: [17th August, 2023]
I. INTERPRETATION AND DEFINITIONS
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following Clause 2. The following definitions shall have the same meaning, regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural form.
· “Account” means a unique account created for Our Users to access our Service listed on the Website or the Test Tribe Platform/Website.
· “Company” refers to Test Tribe Pvt. Ltd., with its registered office at 102, Plot-30, Sector-21, Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai, MH, India, 400701.
· “Cookies” are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by Our website, containing the details of Your browsing history on Our Platform.
· “Country” refers to the state of Maharashtra, India.
· “Device” means any IT device that can access the Test Tribe Platform such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
· “Non-Personal Data” shall mean data that is not Personal Data.
· “Password” means a secret word or phrase or code or passphrase or secret key, or encryption or decryption keys that one uses to gain admittance or access to information.
· “Personal Information” means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly or in combination with other information available with Us, is capable of identifying an individual.
· “Service” refers to all the services We provide as a Company that are provided on the Test Tribe Platform.
· “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” means sensitive information of any individual relating to password; physical, physiological and mental health condition; sexual orientation; medical records; biometric information; any detail relating to the above as provided to or received by Us for processing or storage. However, any data/ information relating to an individual that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other applicable law shall not qualify as Sensitive Personal Data.
· “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to the third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analysing how the Service is used.
· “Third-party” refers to any website or any social network website through which You can log in or create an account to use the Service and other entities that help Us provide You with the Services, such as system hosting, payment gateway, event bookings, and support; data analysis, facilitation of advertisements; data backup; and data security and storage services.
· “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of Our Services or use of the Test Tribe Platform or from the Service infrastructure available on the Platform(for example, the duration of a page visit).
· “Users /You” means the individual accessing or using the Test Tribe Platform and its Services, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Test Tribe Platform and its Services , as applicable.
We provide Our Users and other members of our community, a platform where they can learn about our offerings, view Website materials, and/or access Services listed on Our Test Tribe Platform and related services provided with the assistance of Third Party. We are always careful about Our Users’ private and other sensitive information. That is why we provide safe and friendly interaction with Our Website and other products and Services.
1. The type of Personal Information that the Company collects from its Users;
2. The purpose of collection, means and modes of usage of such Personal Information by the Company;
3. How and to whom the Company will disclose such information;
4. How the Company will protect the Personal Information that is collected from the Users;
5. How Users may access and/ or modify their Personal Information; and
III. COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
A. WHAT WE COLLECT
1. Types of Data Collected
· Email address;
· First name and last name;
· Phone number;
· Payment details;
· Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City;
· Usage Data;
· Any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to Us for providing the Service; and
· Any of the information received under above clauses by Us for processing, storing the Personal Data .
In addition to the above, We may obtain and use the following Personal Data about You and anyone You chose to add to Our Test Tribe Platform. In addition to the above, We also collect Usage Data generated from the circumstances below:
· Any correspondence we have with User or should the User contact Us.
· Data You provide when You fill out forms on Our Service, including but not limited to data You provide when You register to become a User of the Test Tribe Platform/Website and its Service.
· Data and information You submit or upload to Test Tribe Platform/Website or the Service, including User/tester data (which may include, among other things, apps, beta versions of Your apps, User information, job profiles, work history etc).
· Details of transactions made by Users through the Test Tribe Platform/Website and its Service.
· Responses to optional research surveys that We may ask You to complete.
· Details of Your visits to Our Test Tribe Platform/Website and Services, which includes without limitation location and traffic data, weblogs, resources You access and other communication data.
It may be noted that We shall not/will not be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Data provided by the User.
Usage Data: To elaborate, all kinds of Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Users device’s internet protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that Users visit, the time and date of Users visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other cyber diagnostic data. When Users access the Service through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device, the type of mobile internet browser that’s being used, unique device identifiers and other cyber diagnostic data.
B. HOW WE COLLECT:
1. How do We collect Personal Data
If You are a participant who has signed up with Our events, membership, webinars and courses on the Test Tribe Platform, We collect Personal Data such provided by You, when You make an online payment to us through Our payment gateway partner. If You contact Us directly, We may ask You to provide additional information about You such as Your name, email address, phone number, and the contents of the message and/or attachments You may send Us, and any other information You choose to provide. The Test Tribe Platform/Website may enable User to communicate with other Users or to post information to be accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. The Company hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any misuse of such information that is made available by visitors in such a manner.
2. How We collect Non-Personal Data
We gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis from all visitors on the Test Tribe Platform. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact Our User, such as demographic information regarding, for example, clipped or anonymized User IP addresses, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of Test Tribe Platform/Website to understand geography of Our visitors and help Us better organize the Test Tribe Platform/Website and the Services provided to Our Users.
3. How we collect Automatic Data
We gather Usage Data such as date, time, browser type, navigation history of all who visit the Test Tribe Platform/Website. The information gathered is used for Our internal security audit log, for analysing trends, for system administration purposes and, also, to gather visitor behaviour and usage patterns on the Test Tribe Platform/Website. We may combine information supplied by You during the registration process on the Test Tribe Platform with Usage Data to learn more about Users and their preferences about the content available on the Test Tribe Platform/Website. We may use this information to tailor Our collaboration with specific interests of visitors, or to contact visitors about offers from Our business associates and Third Parties which may be of interest to them.
4. Purpose limitation
We collect Personal Data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. We do not use Personal Data for incompatible purposes from that disclosed when it was first obtained unless we have informed the Users of the new purposes, and they have consented where necessary.
C. WHY WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE DATA COLLECTED
1. The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
• To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
• To manage Users Account: to manage accounts on registration as a User of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Services listed on Our Test Tribe Platform/Website that are available to Users as a registered User.
• For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services purchased by Users.
• To contact Users: To contact Our Users by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
• To provide Users: with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We offer that are similar to those that Users have already purchased or enquired about unless Users have opted not to receive such information.
• To manage User requests: To attend and manage request posted to Us.
• For business transfers: We may use information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about Our Service Users is among the assets transferred.
• To manage the payment process: To manage the sale and purchase of Our merchandise and for availing of other Services by the Users through Our Test Tribe Platform/Website.
• Compliance with law: To comply with applicable Laws, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies’ requests.
• For other purposes: We may use information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
• For User relationship management: We may process information provided to us through social media (“Social Media Data”). This Social Media Data may include social media account information, social media posts, social media interactions (likes, retweets, etc). The source of this data are various social platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus etc,. The Social Media Data may be processed for the purposes of managing our relationships with Users, communicating with Users, keeping records of those communications and promoting Our products and Services to Users. The legal basis for this processing is consent OR Our legitimate interests, namely the proper management of our User relationships.
2. Why We Collect Cookies
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of Our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on Our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how Users can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
• Web Beacons. Certain sections of Our Service and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
• Analytical,Customization Cookies, Tracking Scripts and/or Pixels (“Tools”): The Tools collect information about how Users access and move through the Test Tribe Platform/Website. We use this information in either aggregate form to help Us to improve the way Test Tribe Platform/Website works, or to personalize your interests. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies, Facebook pixels and such similar Tools to help us understand how Users arrive at and browse Our Services and Test Tribe Platform to identify areas for improvement such as navigation, User experience, and marketing campaigns. Please note that third parties (including, for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services) may also use these cookies, over which we have no control.
• Advertising/Target Cookies. These cookies are used to make the advertising displayed on the Test Tribe Platform/Website more relevant to you. These cookies prevent ads reappearing and ensure that ads are properly displayed. Certain third party cookies may track Users over different websites to provide relevant ad of Your interests.
• Social Media Cookies. These cookies allow Us to integrate social media functions into Our Test Tribe Platform/Website and may also be used for advertising purposes.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
• Necessary / Essential Cookies: These Cookies are essential to provide You with Services available through the Test Tribe Platform/Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate Users and prevent fraudulent use of User Accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
• Functionality Cookies: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Test Tribe Platform/Website, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Test Tribe Platform/Website.
3. Use of Data Collected
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
· With Service Providers: We may share Your Personal Data with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service.
· For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
· With business partners/sponsors: With your prior consent, We may share Your Personal Data with Our business partners/sponsors to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
· With other Users: when You share Personal Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other Users, such information may be viewed by all Users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other Users or register through a Third-Party social media service, Your contacts on the Third-Party social media service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other Users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
· Storage of Data: when You share Personal Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other Users, You give us a general authorisation to engage a third party data processor for assisting us in storing your data. We ensure that the third party processor complies with all data protection obligations, which are not less onerous than Our data protection liability.
D. RETENTION/STORING OF YOUR DATA
The information We collect is only for the improved use of the Test Tribe Platform. We may retain Your information to provide Our facilities to You and to recognize Your future use of Our Test Tribe Platform or to send You promotional emails and messages (SMS).
E. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
F. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. Corporate Partners
2. Business Transactions
3. Law enforcement
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency). We may also disclose Your personal information to comply with (a) Our legal obligation, (b) protect the rights of Our Company, (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service, (d) protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public; (e) protect against legal liability and to protect the rights of Our Users.
G. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We value, respect, and seek to protect Your privacy, and as a result, We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that We are in compliance with all applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the provisions of the Information Technology Act of 2000 read along with the Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (the IT Act).
H. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. We do not address anyone under the age of 18 years (or the required age for consent to use online services where they live, example 13 years in USA and 16 years for the territories where GDPR is applicable).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any individual Younger than the required age for obtaining consent or to access Our Test Tribe Platform/Website and/or avail any of the Services. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from an individual Younger than the required age without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers. If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
You have certain rights with respect to the Personal Data We collect about You. The and the same are under:
(a) right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability; and
(g) the right to withdraw consent.
Upon Your request, We tell You what information We hold about You, We rectify any incomplete or inaccurate information and also restrict the use of Your information. We will make reasonable efforts to delete Your information if You ask Us to do so, unless We are otherwise required to keep it.
J. LINKS TO OTHER/THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
K. PAYMENT SECURITY
When You make payments, information about Your payment card is transmitted securely through a payment gateway. Payment gateways allow You to make a payment electronically using Your credit card, debit card, net banking or other payment methods. The payment gateways collect data that may include Your contact details, Your card details and the transaction details which facilitates Your online payment. We do not collect or store any of these personal details and We do not have any control over them. This data is completely managed by the payment gateway tools according to their own privacy policies.
We have taken and will continue to take reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data in Our possession or control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. While We strive to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot ensure the security of any Personal Data which You may have transmitted to Us, via the Internet, and We urge You to take every precaution to protect Your Personal Data and use a secure browser.
L. YOUR CONSENT
M. AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
N. COMPLAINTS AND GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL
Any complaints or request or concerns with regards to use, processing or disclosure of information provided by You or breach of these terms may be taken up with the designated grievance redressal officer. For this purpose, We have designated Mr. (Mahesh Chikane) as the grievance officer, who will redress the grievances of the Users expeditiously but within one month from the date of receipt of grievance, and who can be reached by:
(i) Sending a letter marked to the attention of
“Grievance Officer, Test Tribe Pvt. Ltd.
[Mahesh Chikane, 102, Plot-30, Sector-21, Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai, 400701, MH, India],
(ii) Sending an email to [email protected]
We will not be responsible for any communication, if addressed, to any non-designated person in this regard.
O. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Learn more about withdrawing your consent.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- Send users information about special offers and discounts on our products and services
- Develop and display personalized and relevant advertising content for our users
- Analyze how our Services are used so we can improve them to engage and retain users
- Support our marketing activities
- Diagnose problems and/or prevent fraudulent activities
- Understand how our users use our products and services so we can improve user experience
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
P. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Q. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
R. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and Canada, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA, UK, and Canada), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below.
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your Member State data protection authority or UK data protection authority.
If you are located in Switzerland, you may contact the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
Withdrawing your consent: If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below or
However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal nor, when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us using the details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below. You will then be removed from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you — for example, to send you service-related messages that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
Contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. You may also opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at [email protected].
S. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
T. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, United States of America, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
(1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
(2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.”
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name||NO|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information||NO|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender and date of birth||YES|
|D. Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information||YES|
|E. Biometric information||Fingerprints and voiceprints||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements||YES|
|G. Geolocation data||Device location||YES|
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you our Services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us||NO|
|J. Education Information||Student records and directory information||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics||NO|
|L. Sensitive Personal Information||Account login information, contents of email or text messages and debit or credit card numbers||YES|
We will use and retain the collected personal information as needed to provide the Services or for:
Category C – As long as the user has an account with us
Category D – As long as the user has an account with us
Category L – As long as the user has an account with us
Category L information may be used, or disclosed to a service provider or contractor, for additional, specified purposes. You have the right to limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information.
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories through instances where you interact with us in person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
Receiving help through our customer support channels;
Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your personal information?
Test Tribe Pvt Ltd collects and shares your personal information through:
Targeting cookies/Marketing cookies
Social media cookies
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
You may contact us by email at [email protected], or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf, following the same strict privacy protection obligations mandated by the CCPA.
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal information.
Test Tribe Pvt Ltd has not sold or shared any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months. Test Tribe Pvt Ltd has disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months:
The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information for a business or commercial purpose can be found under “WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?”.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to request deletion of the data — Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation, or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed — Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
whether we collect and use your personal information;
the categories of personal information that we collect;
the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
whether we sell or share personal information to third parties;
the categories of personal information that we sold, shared, or disclosed for a business purpose;
the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, shared, or disclosed for a business purpose;
the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information; and
the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
If the business collects any of the following:
social security information, drivers’ licenses, state ID cards, passport numbers
account login information
credit card numbers, financial account information, or credentials allowing access to such accounts
racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership
the contents of email and text, unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication
genetic data, biometric data, and health data
data concerning sexual orientation and sex life
you have the right to direct that business to limit its use of your sensitive personal information to that use which is necessary to perform the Services.
Once a business receives your request, they are no longer allowed to use or disclose your sensitive personal information for any other purpose unless you provide consent for the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information for additional purposes.
Please note that sensitive personal information that is collected or processed without the purpose of inferring characteristics about a consumer is not covered by this right, as well as the publicly available information.
To exercise your right to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information, please email [email protected] or submit a data subject access request.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g., phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. However, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
You may object to the processing of your personal information.
You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the information.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
You may request to opt out from future selling or sharing of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving an opt-out request, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than fifteen (15) days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at [email protected], or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
10. DO VIRGINIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of Virginia, United States of America, you may be granted specific rights regarding access to and use of your personal information.
Virginia CDPA Privacy Notice
Under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (CDPA):
“Consumer” means a natural person who is a resident of the Commonwealth acting only in an individual or household context. It does not include a natural person acting in a commercial or employment context.
“Personal data” means any information that is linked or reasonably linkable to an identified or identifiable natural person. “Personal data” does not include de-identified data or publicly available information.
“Sale of personal data” means the exchange of personal data for monetary consideration.
If this definition “consumer” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal data.
The information we collect, use, and disclose about you will vary depending on how you interact with Test Tribe Pvt Ltd and our Services. To find out more, please visit the following links:
Personal data we collect
How we use your personal data
When and with whom we share your personal data
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to be informed whether or not we are processing your personal data
Right to access your personal data
Right to correct inaccuracies in your personal data
Right to request deletion of your personal data
Right to obtain a copy of the personal data you previously shared with us
Right to opt out of the processing of your personal data if it is used for targeted advertising, the sale of personal data, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects (“profiling”)
Test Tribe Pvt Ltd has not sold any personal data to third parties for business or commercial purposes. Test Tribe Pvt Ltd will not sell personal data in the future belonging to website visitors, users, and other consumers.
Exercise your rights provided under the Virginia CDPA
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
You may contact us by email at [email protected], by submitting a data subject access request, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your rights, we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
We may request that you provide additional information reasonably necessary to verify you and your consumer’s request. If you submit the request through an authorized agent, we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity before processing your request.
Upon receiving your request, we will respond without undue delay, but in all cases, within forty-five (45) days of receipt. The response period may be extended once by forty-five (45) additional days when reasonably necessary. We will inform you of any such extension within the initial 45-day response period, together with the reason for the extension.
Right to appeal
If we decline to take action regarding your request, we will inform you of our decision and reasoning behind it. If you wish to appeal our decision, please email us at [email protected]. Within sixty (60) days of receipt of an appeal, we will inform you in writing of any action taken or not taken in response to the appeal, including a written explanation of the reasons for the decisions. If your appeal if denied, you may contact the Attorney General to submit a complaint.
U. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
V. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Mahesh Chikane , by email at [email protected], or contact us by post at:
Test Tribe Pvt Ltd
102, Plot-30, Sector-21, Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai
Mumbai , Maharashtra 400701
W. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please fill out and submit a data subject access request.