A lot of people think that it needs a great deal of expertise to speak on a topic. Even if people are hardened in their area of work still they would shy away from giving words to their work. And this is more evident and widespread in the case of Testers. It is not a hidden fact that Testers holdup themselves in putting their work proudly.
But how about looking at it from the perspective, that the Learning never ends. And for any given subject, it's near impossible to know just everything. Now that we are looking at it differently, how about not worrying a lot about the so-called 'Know Everything' stage, and just sharing what we know, with politely accepting what we do not? Makes sense?
Being a Speaker obviously attracts certain privileges with it, but to mention a few:
- Speaking will improve your knowledge of the topic to be presented. As they say, "When one teaches, two learn."
- A Speaker certainly attracts a tribe of like-minded supporters and admirers.
- It is one of the best ways to give back to the community.
- Speaking drastically improves self-confidence.
- Speaking is an effective way to get your message across the audience.
- Speaking will make your profile strong.
We as a community call upon all the aspiring Speakers (you don't need to be champion public Speaker) to step up fearlessly and share whatever you have in a gracious way to benefit the Testing community at our Meetups, AMA Sessions, etc.
Nominate yourself or someone you know can be a good fit. What are you waiting for then? Submit the form and we will get in touch with you.