TestFlix 2021 - Call for Atomic Talks
Thank you for your interest in submitting the Atomic Talk to TestFlix 2021.
Through TestFlix 2021, we are planning a truly global Software Testing Binge wherein Software Testers from across the globe can enjoy 100 Quality Atomic Talks weaved together.
Thank you for being interested in being one of these hundred Speakers. Please read the instructions and submit your Atomic Talk, while we gather thousands of Testers in the Audience.
Note: CFP for TestFlix works differently than the usual CFPs. For TestFlix we request the final Atomic Talk Video as a submission as assessing the topics which are so narrow via Text is difficult. That also allows us to process the selected videos to the final stream sooner.
Super Important Instructions before we deep dive:
- Recorded Atomic Talk of 8 Minutes max
- Horizontally shot, with Speaker Video ON
- Has to be Non-Promotional and Original
- Do not use any copyright music/audio during presentation
- We are keeping 13 Themes for TestFlix 2021. They are as below:
- Testing Skills & Mindset
- Soft Skills for Testers
- Accessibility and Usability
- AI ML in Testing
- IOT & Blockchain
- Power of Tools
- Leadership & Management
(Write to us if you think you have something which does not fall under the said themes but would be super valuable for our audience. We may consider the same based on few other factors.)
- You can choose any of the above themes and design your Atomic Talk so that it can be conveyed meaningfully in 8 minutes.
- Saying that it can as small as 5 minutes as well if you wish, but please do not exceed 8 Minutes.
- A list of selected topics will be made available on TestFlix 2021 Event page to avoid duplicate submissions on a topic.
- We politely request not to submit promotional talks as those are strictly not allowed.
- Few ideas about what your talk can be based on:
- An Idea
- A concept
- A problem and a solution
- Thought-provoking question to the testing community
- A lesson learned
- Time-saving hacks
- A different take on a common Problem/Approach
- A Trend
- The submitted talk should be original and not presented/submitted anywhere before in a similar format.
- If you are a new speaker and need assistance, feel free to contact us at contact[at]thetesttribe.com
Atomic Talk Creation Instructions:
- Content Format: We recommend recording your talk along with the presentation that conveys at least the highlights while you speak.
- It is mandatory to turn on the Speaker video while recording.
- Video Specifications: The duration of the video should be 8 Minutes preferably. However, if you are confident about conveying meaningful information in lesser time, then an Atomic Talk can be anywhere between 5 Minutes to 8 Minutes (max).
- Record your video in high-definition video (1920 x 1080); 16:9 Aspect ratio in landscape mode.
- Accepted Video formats – MP4, MOV, MPEG
- Recording: You can use Zoom if you are recording the talk along with a presentation.
- If you are recording with a camera/ cell phone, keep it still using a stand preferably, or with some support. Set your camera/cell phone to record the video approximately until chest level.
- We strongly recommend using Zoom to have uniformity of videos across the speakers.
- Speak with adequate volume and speak clearly. Maintain eye contact with the camera.
- Overhead lighting may be a good option if available, do not sit with your back to a light source. Record a few test videos if needed to ensure adequate lighting.
- If you are going to share your screen, check to see what tabs you have open and close your email and other tools that may send ‘notifications’ as you record.
- White/Single color background recommended. Avoid recording in public.
- Pick the right time window which will give you no or minimum disturbance/noise.
- Do not add any background music
Few Tips to Structure your talk well:
- Select a topic for the video presentation
- List down three key points you want to convey to the audience
- Creating talking points, a script, and/or slides
- During the opening, you want to clearly present your topic and the purpose of your presentation. Clearly articulating the topic and purpose will help the listeners focus on and easily follow your main ideas.
- During the conclusion of your presentation, reinforce the main ideas you communicated.
Deadline to submit Videos:
The deadline for Atomic Talk Video submission would be the 22nd of August, 2021 11:59 PM IST.
The jury will evaluate the submission and selected speakers will be notified by 1st September 2021.
A revision to the submission may be requested as needed.
Hope you are all set now! Fill out the below form to Submit your Atomic Talk.
We are excited to have a look at it.
For any additional questions, please write to contact[at]thetesttribe.com