Date: 21st October 2023
Time: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM IST
Huge shoutout to Browserstack, our Exclusive sponsor for all community events and Premier sponsor for Conferences. We thank them for supporting this Event.
RestAssured API automation with AssertJ assertions:
1. Introduction to RestAssured and AssertJ: A brief overview of what RestAssured and AssertJ are, how they can be used to test RESTful APIs, and what are the benefits of using them together.
2. Setting up the environment: A step-by-step guide on how to set up the required dependencies, libraries, and plugins for using RestAssured and AssertJ in a Java project.
3. Writing basic tests: A demonstration of how to write simple tests using RestAssured and AssertJ, such as sending requests, receiving responses, and verifying status codes, headers, and body content.
4. Validating lists: A tutorial on how to use AssertJ’s fluent API to validate lists of values in JSON responses, such as checking size, order, equality, and inclusion.
5. Encapsulating API responses: A best practice on how to create custom classes to encapsulate API responses, and how to use RestAssured’s ObjectMapper to convert JSON responses to Java objects.
6. Validating response structure: A technique on how to use AssertJ’s recursive comparison to validate the structure and content of complex JSON responses, such as nested objects and arrays.
Competent and diligent professional with an experience of 10+ Years in Automation Testing, Focused and hardworking, An individual equipped with methodical knowledge and business understanding coupled with an analytic bent of mind and confident to take challenging assignments.
In the rapidly evolving landscape of software development, test automation has become an indispensable component for ensuring the reliability and performance of modern applications. However, as test suites grow in complexity and scale, maintaining a robust and maintainable automation framework becomes a significant challenge. In this talk, we explore the crucial role of design patterns in test automation and how they can empower software testing teams to achieve higher levels of efficiency, maintainability, and reusability.
During the presentation, we will delve into the fundamental principles behind design patterns, drawing parallels from software engineering’s best practices. Attendees will gain a comprehensive understanding of various design patterns, such as Page Object Model (POM), Singleton, Factory Method, and more, and learn how to strategically apply them to optimize their test automation workflows.
Key points covered in the talk:
1. Introduction to design patterns and their relevance in test automation.
2. The benefits of using design patterns, including improved maintainability, scalability, and reduced technical debt.
3. Real-world examples showcasing the implementation of design patterns in popular test automation frameworks.
4. Strategies for fostering a culture of design pattern adoption within the testing team.
5. Understanding the impact of design patterns on test script readability, code organization, and overall test suite efficiency.
By attending this talk, software testers, developers, and QA professionals will walk away with the knowledge and tools necessary to architect test automation frameworks that not only deliver robust test coverage but also facilitate future-proofing and ease of maintenance. Empowered with design pattern insights, attendees will be better equipped to navigate the complexities of test automation in today’s dynamic software development landscape.