1. Is this an Automation Hackathon, or a Testing Hackathon?
Answer: This is a Testing Hackathon with Testing challenges.
2. Would we have Web Applications to Test or Mobile Applications
Answer: Most of them would be Web Applications, we may have one Mobile App. More clarity on this can be given only close to the Event date.
3. Do I need to have Devices (Laptop / Smartphone) available?
Answer: Yes, you need to arrange a laptop or computer available.
4. Any other prerequisites?
Answer: Make sure you have a strong primary Internet connection and arrange a backup connection as well if possible.
5. Where would the participants submit their identified Bugs?
Answer: We will reveal the channels on the Event Day.
6. Can we participate in a group?
Answer: Yes. Max team size can be 4 strictly.
7. Will I be awarded a Participation Certification if I attend?
Answer: Yes, a Participation Certificate will be awarded to every attendee.
8. I am in a different time zone, how do I participate?
Answer: The total duration of the Hackathon is 36 Hours. You can work on the given challenges at any time in this window which is balanced across time zones. Also, you will get a recording of the initial intro session in the Slack channel to watch in case you miss it.
9. I have few queries, how do I contact the Organizer?
Answer: Please email us at contact[at]thetesttribe.com
10. Is this a free-to-attend Event?
Answer: Technically Yes. INR 100 charge is there which is fully refundable once you attend the event.
11. Is this an “Open to all” Event?
Answer: Yes. Software Testers or anyone interested in Software Testing can participate.
12. What would be the Evaluation Process?
Answer: The Product Owners/Representatives will have real-time access to the Bugs you are submitting. They will assess all the submissions and help us know the Winners for their applications.
13. Which Platform would be used for the Event brief and wrap?
Answer: We will be using Airmeet. Joining details would be shared a couple of days prior to the Event.