At a very high level, CDP (Customer Data Platform) can be briefly defined as a platform helping in constructing a reliable, highly optimized, consolidated records of customers, their attributes, and their data. One of the primary goals of a CDP is to help businesses to increases sales, reach, and enhance customer retention, loyalty, and above all experience.
Testing CDP and resultant 360-degree view of a customer is neither entirely new nor it appears to be a jargon. If you have done or at least heard about DWH/ETL/ELT/MDM testing before and that’s cool because testing CDPs, to a good extent, leverages DWH/ETL testing skills as well as fundamental testing skills like Thinking, Questioning and Sampling.
Form speaker’s perspective, while the skills required for testing CDP are not very unusual or uncommon, the speaker suggests that a data tester needs to be more apt to understand the business and data domain, gets prepared for data analysis during development and testing of CDP on a day-to-day basis and should be hands-on with database, and ETL/ELT testing.
In this CDP and CDP Testing Introductory literacy session, the speaker will touch base on:
CDP Platform Basics
Bare Minimum Skills for Testers
– Thinking, Analysing and Synthesizing, Sampling, Questioning
Data, Technical and Tool-Focused Skills for Testers
– Data Analysis, Data(base) Testing, Traditional ETL/ELT Testing
After this literacy session, the audience may find themselves in a position to:
1. Contribute to testing in extensively data driven applications in their organizations
2. Build skills to become a ‘CDP Tester,’ ‘ETL Tester,’ ‘Data Tester,’ ‘Data Analyst’; and someone
3. Become literate about CDP and CDP testing