“Note from Course Author Lavanya Mohan”
A warm welcome to the course on Introduction to Git.
In this course, we will look at some of the whats, whys, and hows of Git – a distributed version
We will take an example of a team working on a test automation project. We will learn Git
concepts by seeing how the team members share their work and collaborate with each other
effectively on the project.
We will learn some basic as well as a few advanced Git concepts that will equip us to
experiment further on our own.
This course does not assume any prior knowledge about Version Control Systems.
Even though we take an example of a team working on test automation, do remember that Git is
not limited to versioning code.
It is encouraged that we give the Git commands a try. Also, if we prefer, we could use simple
text files instead of code as we follow along.
I am looking forward to this journey of learning Git with you!
What will we learn from the course?
● Why Version Control System?
● Setup and some internals of Git
● Common Git commands (on the command line)
● Collaboration with team members on a project using Git
● Branching, Merging, Resolving Conflicts, Undoing changes in Git
● Distributed Git workflows that can be adopted on projects
The instructor will like to thank Kunal Ashar, Rahul Phulore and Mahesh Chikane who have reviewed this course and gave their precious feedback.